October 11, 2007

I don't know either....

I assume your probably asking yourself why I have a blog. Well, as the title says, I don't know! Someone suggested it, and I thought it might be fun. Maybe she was kidding. I don't even know her name.

Maybe it had to with my confession. I was speaking to a room full of ladies and somehow, for some most-likely-not-so-normal reason, I confessed to the whole room that my pants were wet. Wait. That sounds wrong.
Here's the story: I had a speaking engagement this morning at nine. Since Stacey was not going to school that day, I got to sleep in till 7! (God is good to me!) The problem came when I asked my teenage daughter about my outfit. (I know, what was I thinking?!) She shunned the skirt and picked the pants. They were dirty. I figured I'd have time to wash them in 2 hours. In comes dear hubby. He sees the machine running and decided to stop it so he can add a few things....I wouldn't realize the significance of his decision until later...

To speed the drying along, I threw my pants in with a few clean, dry towels. At the risk of leaving the house in my pajama pants, I was all dressed except the drying pants. At the last minute, I grabbed the HOT pants - not hot as in how they fit, I'm too old to describe my clothes as weather - and rushed out the door. Halfway to my appointment, the cold set in. Right on my cheeks ("spare pare" as we call tushy's here) then around my entire waist. yep, my pants were wet.

ya, thanks, that's how they responded too. No mercy!! stop laughing at me!


Now, as to the name of my blog - "Define Normal" well.....with a hubby, a dog, 5 kids, and a 2 bedroom house, and one Corpus Colosum that seems to have run off with the missing chromosomes....uh....I'm not sure normal exists. All I know is that Webster has never called to ask for a photo of us to put under his definition!!! (read my profile if you want to know about the corpus colosum thing...)

1 comment:

Aprilyn said...

That's so funny. It sounds like you had quite an interesting day!! I just wondered, how did you find my blog? I mean, I guess I probably know you but my brain is mush so can you either post on my blog or email me or something? I would like to learn more about you. I have a toddler with an Autistic Spectrum Disorder which makes him REALLY difficult in the behavior department. I don't know much about what you're going through but it makes me appreciate my son's abilities, even when they drive me crazy! Sorry, this comment is totally long.

-Aprilyn (NevillesLostToad@gmail.com)