October 14, 2007

I'm saving soooo much money

With a family of seven who desperately want to get Annual Passes to Disneyland...I had to do something to save money.

Since my job as a teacher/consultant/groomer/cleaner/gardner(yes, I mow the lawn!)/nurse/caregiver/errand runner/ social calander coordinator/cab driver....
don't pay with the green stuff, I had to think of another way.

Since I grocery shop, I figured I could do better at my coupons...in comes The Grocery Game .com. I am spending less than $150.00 a week for all our food, toiletries, makeup, cleaning products ect... I no longer waste hours meandering around target or walmart either!! I could spend less, but I'm still really stockpiling right now! Soon I will not need to buy as much so my spending will drop to around 100 a week or less.

Yep! That's right - my spending is around $500 a month and we are bursting at the seams - storing food in weird placed since it won't all fit in the kitchen!!!
Follow the link to find out more. Let me know what you think!!! I'll post my weekly savings here for you...

3 comments:

Cindy Price said...

Hi Shannon,

My daughter does the Grocery Game with great success. We didn't have store near us, but now I see we do, so I should check it out.

Thanks for visiting my blog. My son who has spina bifida also has partial agenesis of the corpus callosum. Many children with spina bifida do. He also has hydrocephalus and chiari malformation. So a lot is going on his in little brain. He was diagnosed with restrictive lung disease and sleep apnea this year. He has been sleeping with a BiPap machine for the past month. He gets along amazingly well. He is 20 years old. He has a wide of range of skills. His reading skill is 6 or 7th grade but comprehends at 3 or 4th grade level. Math skills are lower. He is a delightful young man who has a very endearing innocent spirit! I look forward to getting to know you better.

Mom of 3 boys said...

Shannon,

I just wanted to say thanks for your reply to my blog and your words of encouragement. It was a bad day and today doesn't seem much better, but I will try to do as you suggested. Thanks again so much, at least I know that I have one person out there that can related and is listening to me.

Kim

Aprilyn said...

Here is what I don't get...
How can you save money if you have to spend money to be part of the Grocery Game?

I am absolutely HORRIBLE at using coupons. I even put them in my wallet and then check out and forget to use them. Yeah, I'm SO good at that! I love shopping at Costco because the prices are really good. I don't have that big of a family to be shopping in bulk but I think in the long run I save enough to make it worth it.