October 13, 2007

It's no secret here....

In answer to the request for secrets http://buckleinbunch.blogspot.com/
about keeping up on the house work with little ones under foot....My first reaction is quite simple.....tip your head up, open your mouth real wide, and let out a big deep belly laugh!!! Yep, jokes on you...haven't you heard....what your trying to do is like shoveling the sidewalk while its still snowing!!! {big I know how you feel grin}

When my oldest were small, I just kept a big basket with a lid in each room and would toss things in at the sight of company, or hubby. Just be careful not to toss in the mess-maker, just the mess!!

I've also been know to hand the little hand vac to a toddler - they love it!! not the best, but hey, it least it is withdrawl and not deposits! (just be sure the bag is empty first....don't ask how i know the value of that tip)

Now that they are older, they each have a room to tackle. It is to be totally cleaned before school (our version of "homeroom" I suppose) and then just before dinner, they all do a quick run through.

I love what the one post said - "lower your standards, but not too low."

My mantra is "if you want to see me, come by any time; if you want to see my house, ya better make an appointment!!"

Blessings to you and your families as you find balance in your home. Pleasing hubby, teaching the kids how to keep a home and keeping your sanity at the same time is not a task for wimps...YOU CAN DO IT

1 comment:

Aprilyn said...

Ooh! I just love that idea! My house is completely overrun by my 2 yr old and his trusty 2 yr old sidekick. My house is usually full of little kids but when I really think about it, I wouldn't have it any other way.